We perform design, modelling and testing of safety critical, fully packaged circuitry for control and initiation of detonators.
- Design and testing of high reliability, IM compliant detonators
- Design in accordance with DEF STAN 59-114, STANAG 4187 and MIL-STD 1316
- Comprehensive documentation to support type qualification and the unit safety case
- Reliability analysis using MIL-STD-217or FIDES
- High speed electronic circuit simulation (ORCAD, PSPICE)
- Finite element analysis using ANSYS (mechanical, vibration, thermal)
- Design, synthesis and simulation of FPGAs
- Full time safety management
Manufacturing and Test Capabilities
Teledyne Energetics' UK facility in Lincoln is licensed to store and test explosives and is approved to BS-EN-ISO 9001:2015, BS-EN-ISO 14001:2015, and BS-EN-ISO45001:2018.
- All operators are J-STD 001. Soldering and all products are inspected to IPC-A-610 (class 3).
- The facility is ESD compliant in accordance with BS EN 61340-5-1:2016.
- Facility is fully equipped to manufacture, test, and validate explosively filled initiation units including shock, vibration, humidity, temperature, and pressure and acceleration test equipment.
Special to Type and Support Services
- Trials support services: on-site and in-field test support. Teledyne Energetics
UK also develop special to type variants including:
- Instrumented hardware
- Telemetry substituting the HV output with telemetry pulse
- Detonator firing systems
- Design and support of trials equipment for qualification testing
- Surveillance life testing ongoing obsolescence management